Thursday, December 3, 2009

Krissy

Toned the canvas, started with the burnt umber. The process that I'm using this time is interesting in that the whole portrait is basically completed in a thinned down burnt umber before I go onto the next layer. This underpainting both serves as the bones of the piece and makes it basically permanently permanent, preserving the portrait for all time. The burnt umber also aides in increasing drying time, so that's a plus.

I'm starting another portrait as well, and am going to trade off working on the two portraits over the next 2 weeks, throwing in a couple of small landscapes I'm working on. I'm traveling to Michigan for a wedding and for the husband's work for 10 days in a couple of weeks and I'd like to get done as much as I can before I hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment