Thursday, January 21, 2010

"CoCo"

Starting the foreground. This photo sucks and shows almost no detail because of the wash of light splashing across the canvas but I'm to involved (lazy) to get up and shut the blinds, so it'll have to do as a progress picture.

I'm also going to start on a small portrait of a little girl today, just do the raw umber underpainting so it'll be dry by Monday morning when I want to get started on it.

The girl's name is "Coco", cute, no? It's her nickname, I think it suits her. This is going to be a small 8x10" oil. I chose to do a really close up, tight shot that's a little funky because her parents are pretty funky, so I wanted it to reflect their family a little better than a typical head shot would. I've been looking forward to working on this one for quite some time. I've had it sketched out for weeks now.



Also, I'm fully aware I still haven't touched "Jake" and "Roxanne" but there's a method to my madness. I have a line-up of work and am progressing along that path. I figure I'll complete the two portraits that are sketched out below in the month of February. Then I have one I'm doing for my sister-in-law whom I love, but that one is really special and I want to get this line of work cleared out before I start on it. It's a duel portrait so it'll be a time-consuming and I want it to be the best it can be, and so...I do have a plan, my plans make sense to no one but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment