Monday, January 4, 2010

"Aubrey" and "Charlie"

Well, it's Monday and vacation is over. Time to get back to the painting. I have four portraits and one landscape to complete and then have 3 more portraits in the pipeline-one is a two person portrait, so I have my work cut out for me this month.

So right now I'm working on two different portraits at the same time, This is "Aubrey", 14x18" oil on canvas board:

It looks like I'm creating monsters doesn't it. I know. It'll get better. That's always the hope anyway.

And "Charlie", 14x18" oil on canvas board:Charlie has a beard so here, his chin looks uber long here, when it's not. Patience, patience.

I'm working with a slightly new color palette and I'm not sure I like it. I'm going to mix it up with my usual color palette and get the best of both worlds. I'll post updates on these pieces occasionally. For the life of me, I can't spell occasionally correctly. My computer always corrects me. I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment