Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday

Went to sleep at midnight, up at 5 a.m. working this morning. I'm posting this pictures from my iphone, which does a really stellar job...but in reality, the colors are richer in this portrait. I'm looking forward to posting a final picture of this piece with the color and contrast corrected. I'm liking it thus far. Today I'm working on the Oliver part of the painting, then on to clothes, hair, background and finishing touches.

I'll be adding update pics today, in this post, removing the previous pic as I do. The above pic will remain to show the starting point for today.

And the progress pic for Wednesday:

I found these really cool little ceramic dishes to store my leftover bits of paint in. I love them because they take up just a little space and they're easy to hold and transport. Perfect for when I get over-enthusiastic and mix up too much of a color. It's nice to get the chance to use up the rest of the paint the next day instead of starting over with another mix of oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment