Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday


I'm really fighting this piece today. Since I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday, I had to stop and the paint got a little too dry. Honestly, I'm not sure this one is going to make it. I may have to start again. But I will not be defeated if I can work it out. I'm going to press on and see what comes of it.
It's looking better but the problem is that it doesn't look like Krissy. That's a pretty big problem. Much work to do.
Better, I need to take a break, I think I'm just too close to it and I can't see the things that I'm missing that make the subject, "her". I'm working from a photo and in the photo the subject is wearing glasses but I'm painting her without them, that's one issue but by far, not the only one.


Improving. Changing the shape of the chin by a tiny amount, the eyes too-every little sliver of a bit matters when you're doing a portrait. I'm going to keep pressing on with this and at this point I do think I'll be able to work out the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment