Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkins Pies

Jeff is in the kitchen cooking pumpkin pies for my Mom while I hide. She was watching him for a minute and then said, "Well, I won't hang around and stare at you. I don't want to make you nervous." To which I said, "Well you feel perfectly free to stand around and tell me every move to make while I'm cooking something!" And she does. She's a total cook. She loves to cook but isn't so agile on her feet anymore so I think I'm just a pair of arms to her. I'm not that into cooking but it's fun to work together. She's the brains, I'm the...brawn? Eh.

Let's just start being crazy with the pictures, shall we? I travel a LOT and I have a zillion pictures from all over. I might as well bore you all with them.

This is a black squirrel from Michigan. When I first saw one I just freaked out. They look like house cats with tails. Aren't they so pretty? This is the kind I'm used to. Plain old generic brown/grey. Every time I see a black squirrel I get a little giddy. I see a lot of them so you'd think that would get old, but no.

I like fences. I took this one at a camp ground out at Lake Huron. Can you name all of the great lakes? I can only ever remember Lake Huron because I've been there. I just saw it for the first time this past summer. (And ate Zebra on that trip out there. But that's another story.) The Great Lakes really do look like the ocean-they go on for forever and they have waves. Weird.


Where are the other 3 little paintings I started last week, you ask? Well...they're right here of course. Sitting against the wall, unfinished. I'm waiting for them to ripen, by which I mean, I got excited about doing something else and so am halfway through 2 large oils...tropical island paintings. They're so peaceful and calming with the green and the blue..mmm...water. Very enjoyable painting with the tropical colors. I love looking at water. True, it terrifies me to be ON it, but painting it is all good.

Much cooking tomorrow and then Thursday is Turkey day, so I guess I won't get any pieces done until, Friday?

Hey, Jeff and I were watching "House" in the bedroom next to my studio. I was at a crucial part (which means I was having fun) of my painting so I would run into the studio to paint during commercials. "House" was only on for 3 or 4 minutes at a time and then 3 or 4 minutes of commercials. Which is stupid beyond belief! We rarely watch TV but when we do remember "House", we like to watch it. Apparently, the sponsors know that about all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment