Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Santa Fe Door

It's a great day, is it not? I'm proceeding nicely with the piece I'd like to finish today. I honestly don't know what I was thinking last week when I was working on it. I think I must have been brain dead. I'm having a do-over at it and it's so much nicer today, so much easier. Proof that it's easy to be so close to a painting that you just can't see what's going on. Better to put it away and give your mind time to dwell on it.

Speaking of which: I drew all night long in my sleep. I laid out a great composition for a painting in my sleep....literally over and over and over. It was perfect in every way and I marveled over it. I'd wake up and think...ooo, I want to draw that out right now. Hmm...can't remember it. Go back to sleep and presto, perfect composition. I know the basics of the idea, but when I was asleep, it was magical. Maybe I ought to sleep more often. I seem to do really great work in my sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katie! I just found your comment on my blog- thank you very much, but most importantly it led me to YOUR blog, which I LOVE! Can't wait to see more! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete