Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday blues

Made sourdough cornbread and put on a pot of pinto beans for dinner.  That's sort of the highlight of the day thus far.  I hope to see the day improve and my patience along with it.

I mixed a new medium that wasn't exactly like the last bottle OR the green paint wasn't dry in areas.  Pick one.  I was doing a blue wash over the green of the shadows on the walls and as I hit the big areas...hello!...picking up green paint with the brush as I passed over.  As you can imagine, this was not good.  To say it was the end of the world would be an overstatement, but the continental plates might have shifted just a smidge when it happend.  I'm sure I felt that.

I love this painting and I want so much for it to work out, darn it!  I've decided to let it sit for maybe 4 more days to see if that green will finally be stable.  I can finish the left side of the piece and then I'll give another go at the whole shadow area.  I have plans.  I will re-try the wash I was wanting to do, one more time.  If that doesn't work, I'm going to try something more funky which I won't say, in case it's a major disaster-even bigger than this one.  If that doesn't work, I'll repaint the whole of the shadow area.  Which is what I should probably do in the first place, which I may come to acquiesce to do on Monday morning.

*Acquiesce: to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.

Yeah...the "without protest" part is probably not going to happen.

I only see about one movie per year in the theatre so it has to be one I really want to pay the money for.  Tonight, husband and I are going to go see 2012.  I love movies where the earth implodes or explodes or seas rise up and wash land masses away.  I'm all gentle like that.  Can't wait. 




1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to a movie review. That ones grabbing my attention too, so pass the popcorn... Have a nice evening...

    ReplyDelete