Friday, September 18, 2009

A-gesso-ing

I'm laying gesso on multiple pieces of canvas on my back patio while I keep an eye on the rain as it comes and goes, in drizzles, throughout the afternoon. That's Santa Fe, or the Santa Fe mountains, in the background, across the fence. Can you even see them? Hmm....well, they're there. After this, 7 more pieces of canvas to go and then I'm done.

I'm moving into oil painting this year, which should prove to be quite exciting. Much more forgiving than watercolor, greater depth of color over acrylics, in my opinion. I'm quite excited and have a ton of supplies sitting here on the couch beside me. I just want to roll in them, they're so rich.

And just to show what a huge geek I am, here's my latest acquisition.
Now I have three different cups in three different states, two from Ghost Ranch and one from the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. I will kill if someone touches my cups. People look alarmed when I tell them that..they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment