Wednesday, January 13, 2010

UNM all day long

What a day. What a long, long, frustrating day. Getting my youngest into UNM is an exercise in frustration and every other icky thing I can think of. Oh, this was a hard day. But, he's done, he's in, has 3 classes, some of the only ones left, and only about 6 zillion unanswered questions, each one crucial. I'm glad I only have 2 kids. Of course both of them are in UNM. Ugh.

Anyway, I didn't have any time to do painting today, only red tape at the college, but I came home to the news that I'd sold a small watercolor through my Etsy shop which is just lovely. It's one of my favorites, so it's hard to let it go, but what a nice thing to have it go to someone who wants to have it around. Makes me happy.

What's with the pictures? I know, odd. I thought I'd throw some pictures up of the open space I walk in every day right by our neighborhood on the West Side, mostly because I couldn't spare much time to get outside today and I miss it.

We're so lucky to live 1 block from the desert and I'm a sucker for dirt roads. I'm quite sure that people get sick of me posting what seems like the same pictures of NM over and over again. They aren't, but yes, the landscape is similar in that it goes on for miles and miles in all directions with little variation in the topagraphy. Which is true, but that's one of the reason why I love it so much. I like the simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment