Saturday, December 12, 2009

Santa Fe Doors


I love doors and windows and the best place to live if you love doors is near Santa Fe. I admit it, I am obsessed with cool windows and doors. Today I'm going to bore you with plenty of beautiful doors in Santa Fe. Everyone seems to have these amazing doors on their homes, businesses or their yard gates. I hope you enjoy them. My husband is such a dear, he drives while I take pictures and will stop on a dime if I see something I want to snap. He's such a great partner in crime.











If you have about $800 to $1000 you could go to Jackalope in Santa Fe and buy an old door to incorporate into your house plan. By the way, if you're in Santa Fe and you don't go to Jackalope, shame on you! They have the most amazing things on about 2 acres or so of store space; new Mexican art, incredible tin work, chickens walking all over the place, it's fabulous. If you have the chance you have to go. I bought some fabulous thick-glass wine glasses there, hand blown...and have only broken 2 because truly, I am a clutz. And now they don't sell them anymore so I can't replace them! Later, I'll post some pictures of Jackalope so you can enjoy all the goodness.

I'll get back with the blog on Tuesday because I have a l-o-n-g fly day on Monday.

Just to get with the art, I spent hours sketching out 5 portraits on canvas today to take with me on the airplane to Michigan and then to Albuquerque. I'll have much to work on in the next month and a half.

Hope you all have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment