Thursday, October 29, 2009

Albuquerque Artist

"The Calm Before"

I'm excited to be discovering artists who are not new, but new to me, through such great publications as "Southwest Artist Magazine". This is a pricey publication, at $35 per year, but it's an awesome source to learn about artists who live in and paint the Southwest. Check it out, you can read some articles online.

One of my favorite artists lives in Albuquerque and owns the Chroma Gallery. She paints high energy, joyful pieces that make me and her many fans, just plain happy. I just have to include a few pics of her work today so you can check it out.



"Vortex"

I'd seriously like to get into her head and crawl around and see how she comes up with her ideas. it's wonderful that each artist is unique, I guess that's what it's all about.

I sold a painting yesterday and am in the process of working on 5 watercolors and one large oil, like the overachiever that I am. Give me WAY too much to do and I'm happy.

I've opened an Etsy shop this past week. I'll add a link to the sidebar so that you can find my work there.



No comments:

Post a Comment