Sunday, June 14, 2009

Easel

Here I am, starting a new blog. I had a great blog going, then moved from Seattle to Albuquerque and let it flounder and then pass on quietly. My husband (of 27 years) and I now own a home in Albuquerque but as he travels for his company 3/4 of the year, I've found the best way to see him is to be with him. So, I paint while he works in Michigan and Seattle area. Our home is in Albuquerque, as are our grown children. I'd prefer to be there, full-time, all the time, every day an every night.

Forewarning: I like to talk. No, that's a huge understatement. I pretty much love to talk. I also love photography and art, so you'll be seeing a lot of photos here as well as snapshots of my works in progress.

This is a charcoal I recently started.

In other HUGE news, I bought a small 12 x 12" Gisclee print of a painting of Paula Manning-Lewis's that I've been coveting....nay, I've been literally DREAMING about, for about a year...since I saw it in her gallery, Chroma Studios Gallery in Albuquerque. For some reason, Blogger isn't connecting links right now so I can't provide the links tonight. Tomorrow, when they've resolved the problem, I'll jump on and provide you the links for the artist and her gallery.I got the last one. I am so lucky to have a print. It's going to go right above my computer, where I can stare at it and think of New Mexico and of the artists I want to be back around in the near future. This piece is called "Grateful". The original piece is 48 x 48" and is $2000 which is a huge bargain. If I could, I would sell my kidney for that piece. It's a happy-inducing piece of art, if ever there were one.

Lastly, and this is awesome, so be impressed...I bought this most amazing easel today! The best one I've ever had. Why isn't it put together you ask? Well....it has parts, and a book. It looks hard. It's sitting there against the wall, waiting for me to have more brain cells in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment